“Daughter, I did not come to give you a full life.
I came to give you life to the full.”
~ Holley Girth (sharing what Jesus has shown her)
You’re Already Amazing pg 130
I read this a few weeks ago and cannot stop thinking about it. You see, it took a long time for me to figure this out. That there was even a difference between the two.
It’s a journey. Discovering the difference.
Have you ever had all you needed and yet you felt empty? Hollow?
Somewhere, somehow, society leads us to believe that a full life can be achieved by having. Having friends, love, a well-respected job, money, a perfectly decorated house. That if your life could easy transfer to a magazine cover, you have accomplished it. Fullness.
I trust you have discovered the flaws in that concept. For there are far better things to strive for.
Having a life to the full. That’s one of them.
Friends, we’re built to feel a bit of emptiness within us. One only He can fill. You see, we’ve been hard-wired for heaven.
He has made everything beautiful in its time.
He has also set eternity in the human heart;
yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end.
Ecclesiastes 3:11 NIV
The desire for eternity is built into our heart. Nothing will satisfy that void this side of heaven.
A full life here in this world is impossible.
But living life to the full which leads us to an eternity with Him. Now that is something we can all achieve. He’s made sure of it. Why, He’s already paid our ransom.
And do you know what I’ve discovered? Society may not be too far off after all. It just needs to refocus on the proper having.
You see, in my journey, I’ve discovered something. I’ve determined having a grateful heart. One that sees the gifts given by Him every day and praises Him for it. This helps in seeing the life we’re given is quite full.
And so I strive to keep focused on looking. I make a point to seek Him out in my everyday. And when I express my gratitude, wouldn’t you know He’s always there. Filling that void up over and over again so I don’t feel hollow this side of heaven.
May I share with you ways He has filled me recently?
- Spending Mother’s Day with my family (including my own mother)
- New kitchen gloves (I’m still enjoying my quiet time at the kitchen sink)
- The humbling experience of receiving some blogging awards from other wonderful bloggers. (they’re listed on my welcome page if you’d like to take a peek)
- Stepping up to do the Blogger’s Prayer Project
- I live in the freedom of God’s grace (Rom 6:14)
- Discovering a way to tame my seasonal allergies (visit my facebook page to learn more about that)
- Enjoying an evening outdoors with my family
- Migraine-free weekend
- Rumors of Water my dear friend Dolly gifted me with. What a great read.
- The first taste of watermelon this season
- Windows open wide at night
- Baby birds right outside my bedroom window
- That He has given me a purpose no one else has. It’s mine alone
How about you? How has He made your life to the full lately? I’d love to hear.
Thanks for sharing your time with me.
NOTE: I was gifted with the wonderful book I mentioned at the beginning of this post some time ago. It has blessed me so much I intend to give one away within a week here. Stop back if you would like me to send you a copy!