Here are the books I’ve read recently worth mentioning.
Please know I also read a number of homeschooling books and cookbooks cover to cover. I do not list these here as that is not the premise of this blog. If you would like a list of some of those, please let me know.
Feel free to whisper in comments books you would like to see me add or ones you have read and your opinion of them–I’d love to hear!
- The Resolution for Women Very convicting. Encouraging. Thought-Provoking.
- You’re Already Amazing. LOVED it.
- Rumors of Water by L.L. Barkat. So good. Great read for anyone wanting to explore their creativity.
- All is Grace by Brennan Manning. This was the first book I read of his and I am determined to read the rest. He knows how to speak to my heart.
- Messy Spirituality by Michael Yaconelli. Wow, did this one rock me to the core!
- The Ragamuffin Gospel by Brennan Manning. Might be adding this one to my must read list. So good.
- The Ordering of Love by Madeleine L’Engle. Her poetry speaks to my soul. Love this collection.
- Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers. Best novel I’ve read in a long time!
- Henri Nouwen-Selected writings. Enjoyed reading what one thought was the best of his writing from all his books. And the background glimpse into Henri Nouwen’s life and legacy of friends prior was enlightening.
- Grace (Eventually): Thoughts on Faith by Anne Lamott. It was my first Lamott book and I really enjoyed it. The thread of grace did not scream out at you, just like real life most days. Made me think about the grace waiting to be discovered in my everyday.
- Kisses From Katie: A Story of Relentless Love and Redemption by Katie Davis. Oh my, this is going on my favorite list this year for sure! So very good and worth your time.
- You Are a Writer (So Start Acting Like One) by Jeff Goins. He got me all riled up to claim what I enjoy doing as my own!
- Prayers from the Pews: The Power of Praying for Your Church So. Good.
- A Circle of Quiet by Madeline L’Engle
- The Pursuit of God by A.W. Tozer. I’m reading the kindle version which is why this is taking me longer to finish as I can highlight words I don’t quite get and find out definitions, etc…I’m taking it slow and soaking it in!
- The Cloister Walk by Kathleen Norris. Wow that got me thinking about what I believe and why.
- 7: An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess by Jen Hatmaker. WOW. This was surprisingly convicting! I had no idea how much I needed to shed until I read this…
- Graffitti: Scribbles From Different Sides of the Street by my friend Alene Snodgrass. These true stories are SOOO Good and worth the read! They’ll make you look at others with a lens of love… Guest Post by the Author HERE.
- Leaving Church: A Memoir of Faith by Barbara Brown Taylor. This was really good. Nearly made my top 10 for 2012.
- Holey, Wholly, Holy: A Lenten Journey of Refinement by Kris Camealy. This is my favorite so far. And even though I was privileged to write the foreword, I don’t think I’m being biased when I say this would be my pick if you were to only read one of these on my list. Review in a few Blog Posts found HERE
- Unglued: Making Wise Choices in the Midst of Raw Emotions by Lysa Terkeurst This helped me see how unglued I really can be and how grace-filled He really is.
- God is My Refuge: 12 Weeks of Devotions and Scripture Memory for Troubled Times by Kathy Howard –this one is worth reading for the scripture memory alone. Review HERE
- Fearless: The Undaunted Courage and Ultimate Sacrifice of Navy SEAL Team Six Operator Adam Brown by Eric Blehm at the request of one of my best friends. Wow. So. Good. If you don’t understand what these military families go through, please read this. If you want to read a powerful testimony, this is it.
- Fed up With Flat Faith: 10 Attitudes and Actions to Pump up Your Faith by Kathy Howard Review HERE
- Confessions of a Raging Perfectionist: Learning to Be Free by Amanda Jenkins Review HERE