Friends, my new friend Jenni has awarded me with the Liebster award! Which means I get to share the real me with all of you. Thank you, Jenni!
The German word Liebster (pronounced LEEB-ster) means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.
The Liebster Award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
(Don’t think I should be able to receive this award?
Feel free to like my Facebook Page!)
**Please note: You may view the rules for the award at the bottom of this post.
Some might remember me doing an 11 Things About Me Post before. Hence the name of this post. Please note: I made sure not to repeat myself, which was a challenge! If you would like to read more random facts about me, you may check out my earlier post HERE.
11 Random Facts about Me:
- An eye doctor once told me my eyes weren’t really hazel, they’re calico because they change color with what I’m wearing or what’s around me. Something tells me he meant chameleon but didn’t want to call me a lizard. A cat woman is much better…
- Pointed heels are not found in my wardrobe. Despite how much I like them, I like my knees not failing me more.
- If I didn’t worry about missing nutrition, I would have a loaded veggie burrito bowl every single day of the week and twice on Sundays.
- There are certain words in the English language that still mess me up no matter how many times someone tries to explain them to me. Example: Past vs. Passed. If you can describe the difference to me in a way google can’t, please do! And side note: I LOVE emails that point out how I could improve my grammar. Seriously.
- ‘Nikki’ and ‘Tech Savvy’ are never used in the same sentence unless there is an “is so not” in-between them. It’s one of the main reasons I fought starting a blog in the first place! And yet I learn so quickly when I put my mind to it. Father, give me the desire to learn all things techy that could serve You.
- Currently, I do not own a single bottle of fingernail polish. I threw all my old ones out before realizing how expensive replacing those bottles would be! If you have a very inexpensive line you like that doesn’t wear off every two days, let me know. My toes will thank you.
- Even after playing Scrabble Junior 20 some times today, I can still say I LOVE teaching kids how to play board games. I could play them all day long. Preferably not the same one more than 20 times in a row, but if they ask, I’ll never say no. (This one is kind of a repeat, but thank you for grace as I just played Scrabble Junior 20+ times!)
- I am extremely easy to shop for. Whether it’s because I never buy anything for myself or I’m not picky makes no difference. That being said, I still believe magazine subscriptions and books are the best gifts ever.
- The first thing I do when editing anything I write is go through and delete the excessive amount of ‘thats’ and exclamation points. I must be a joy to talk with in person.
- Sitting alone in a crowded waiting room is something I don’t mind at all. But I’m never able to get lost in my thoughts or people watch for long as I always end up having a person go out of their way to visit with me. God sure likes to take advantage of these moments I get and I do strive to show them Jesus.
- I prefer to take the stairs over an elevator. It’s not an exercise thing for me, though. It’s a fresh air/claustrophobic thing.
Jenni’s Questions for Me:
What is your greatest fear?
Bees. I fell into a ground hive when I was young and have never forgotten that experience. My heart palpitates at the very mention of them.
Describe yourself in three words.
Kind. Simple. Teacher.
What is your favorite passage of Scripture (verse or book)?
I wake up every morning with Lamentations 3:21-24 on my lips.
Name something that’s on your bucket list.
Describe what a perfect day would look like to you.
If I’m with my family, it’s a perfect day to me! And if the temps are in the upper 60’s, low 70’s, I’m elated.
What is your favorite color?
Dry sage. Or any shade of green.
Share a brief testimony of how God is working in your life.
He’s turned me upside down lately, which I’ve discovered means I’m finally right side up. Now He’s turning me inside out. It’s been painful and extremely rewarding as I’ve begun to see things I hear Christians talk about so much the words seem to lose their meaning. I now see grace. faith. love. mercy. forgiveness in a whole new light. And I’m bursting to start sharing more.
What is your favorite snack?
Popcorn. Hands down.
If you could live anywhere, where would that be?
Close to family. Now, if only I could get them all to move to Alaska or Colorado…
Name five things that make you smile.
Toothless grins. A child’s giggles. Hand-written cards in the mail. Hearing from all of you (aka comments). My hubby walking through the door.
Why do you write?
Because God gave me a story to tell and has asked me to share it. Including the story in progress. And He’s given me the gift of sorting things out better when I take the time to put thoughts into tangible words. Thank You, Father…
Oofda! Didn’t get enough? Check out my 100 Things About Me Post!
Now, I’m supposed to nominate 11 other people to do this as well. But the 11 I came up with have already been nominated by another! Plus, it would be more fun to hear from all of you…
How about you, friend? Care to share how we’re alike or polar opposite? I’d love to hear!
Thanks for sharing your time with me.
** Rules for receiving this award:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Then answer the questions the tagger sent for them, plus create 11 questions for the people they’ve tagged to answer.
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4. Notify the people you have tagged.
5. No tag backs.