I often get emails asking me to do another ‘About Me’ post. And I would happily do one if I knew what you wanted to know about me.
Well, my friend Sam tagged me in her own post and made it easy. She challenged me to share 11 random things and answer 11 of her own devised questions. She also requested I post a current photo of me. So here we go!
Thanks to my soon-to-be 4-year-old, here’s me today:
11 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME (not found on my 100 things about me post):
- I love plants and flowers adorning a home. I am not a fan of fake foliage, yet I do not have a single living plant in my house. I’ve tried. None has survived. The next time we move, window placement will be something I consider.
- A perfect birthday cake would be angel food with fresh strawberries and real whipped cream.
- My husband is seriously my best friend. And I would have it no other way.
- All of my close friends will tell you I am an old soul. I enjoy hymns, I prefer being a stay-at-home mom where you actually stay home during the day, and I am not one to jump on technology easily. (I still don’t have a smart phone!)
- I never remember how old I am. If I’m ever asked, I have to do the math.
- The color white is not in my wardrobe. That’s for your sake, not mine, as I look an ill-ish green in it.
- Sitting in the hot sun soaking in rays is not an ideal vacation for me. Being cooped up in a secluded cabin on a lake is.
- I do not like shopping for myself. Even as a little girl I had trouble. My grandma would take me school shopping and I would ask for nothing. Can you believe that?
- The only cruise I might consider is an Alaskan cruise.
- I will never grow tired of board games.
- I’ll sit down and watch a chick flick with a girlfriend, but secretly prefer action or movies/shows that make me think/ solve something.
And the questions Sam wants to know:
1. How long is your longest friendship?
28+ years. And I have 3 friends that fit into that category I converse with regularly. My sister Anna, my cousin Ginger, and my first childhood friend, Faith.
2. Have you ever left the country?
Yes. I have been to Mexico several times for vacations and a mission trip. Canada on my honeymoon. And Spain, France, and England on a trip in high school.
3. What hidden talent do you have, but seldom share?
Love this question. And wish I had an answer. Talents are easily lost if not shared. And the one I worry about the most is painting contemporary landscapes. For I love to do it and really want to get better at it. Does that count?
4. Are you a homebody or extrovert?
I am the epitome of a homebody. I love staycations. But if we meet in a crowded room, you will never know it. I can socialize with the best of them. As long as it’s only an hour or two.
5. What is your favorite meal of the day?
Breakfast. Without question.
6. How many hours do you sleep each night?
I need 7-8 to be my best self. I probably get 6-7 most of the time.
7. Do you have a favorite perfume?
Pregnancy took this one away from me. I now prefer scented lotions. Coconut and vanilla being my first choices.
8. Who do you most admire?
Again, love this question. And I’ve never seriously thought about it. My great-grandmother Veta is the one woman I think of most when I am deciding how to react to something. So I am thinking she fits the mold best.
She was faithfully committed to her relationship with her Savior.
She was frugal yet generous.
She was extremely organized and prioritized.
She knew how to love. Well.
10. What is your favorite book?
How can you pick just one? Besides the Bible, “Mere Christianity” by C.S. Lewis is probably the book I’ve read the most. But I can get wrapped up in a good novel, too. And I always have to be reading something.
11. If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
Is fitting into the superhero spandex suit and looking good in it a super power? It must be because I don’t have it. Being a super parent would be my first choice. One who has the power of knowing how God would respond to that situation. Yes, that’s a superpower worth striving for.
How about you? What do we have in common or how do we compliment each other? I’d love to hear!
Thank you, Sam, for the challenge!
Now for the fun-for-me part:
And thank you all for sharing your time with me.
P.S. Did you know I have a Dayspring Giveaway going on HERE?