PSALM 100 NLT
“Shout with joy to the Lord, all the earth!
Worship the Lord with gladness.
Come before Him, singing with joy.
Acknowledge that the Lord is God!
He made us, and we are His.
We are His people, the sheep of His pasture.
Enter His gates with thanksgiving;
go into His courts with praise.
Give thanks to Him and praise His name.
For the Lord is good.
His unfailing love continues forever,
and His faithfulness continues to each generation.“
I have begun every morning this week reciting Psalm 100. I must say, it has become a perfect platform for me as I have decided to make the conscious effort of choosing joy each day.
So I continue to pen my thanks. My gifts. My joys. For God is here, lavishing me with His love. And I don’t want to miss a thing!
In efforts of practicing ThanksLiving, and in attempts of sharing some of that with you, here are some things that made my Thankful list this week:
- Being able to finish my grocery shopping for the week in less than 40 minutes. Thank you, Trader Joe’s.
- Guacamole. So versatile. And right now, it’s my favorite dip.
- Celebrating Valentine’s Day with my sister and her family. So thrilled they were willing to spend their eve with us!
- Receiving Valentine’s from family.
- Hubby and I’s love story.
- Right on track with my health/weight loss journey. Should make my February goals!
- Also right on track with my reading the Bible in 90 days.
- That I’m His (Psalm 100)
- God WANTS us to hold on tight to Him. (Deut 11:22) It does not show weakness…
- Large snowflakes crystallizing in the sun. Nature’s prisms.
- My 3 year old’s Valentine to Jesus. It was a family portrait. I’m in love.
- Free learning apps on my new Kindle Fire. So thankful for the great deal we got on one!
- My husband doing our taxes. I don’t have to worry about a thing.
- God keeps His promises (Deut 7:9)
- God helps us not because we’re good, but because we’re loved (message I received in Deuteronomy)
God bestows gifts and I give thanks. I write them down and reflect on them whenever doubt starts to creep in. Because here I see how much He loves me. How He takes care of me. Affectionately.
Yes, there’s something to writing them down. Making physical note of the blessings God gives us each day…
How about you? What are you thankful for today? What verses do you like to reflect on each morning? What’s your favorite dip? I’d love to hear.
Thanks for sharing your time with me.