I had intended to beautifully wrap this post with a coördinated bow and call it something like “The Power of Praise.”
It was going to be brilliant.
Then this week happened. Life interrupted. Plans didn’t fail necessarily. They just became more curvy than anticipated.
And if I’m being honest, my praise this week hasn’t felt very powerful.
But I do not want the week to go by without thanksgiving. Or ThanksLiving, as I like to call it. For God has gifted me with much to be thankful for. And I have seen Him in the unplanned moments of grace. That is for certain.
Do you mind if I simply share with you some of the things that made my gifts/thanks journal this week? In variety fashion? Maybe you’ll see how I saw my Redeemer through these events. Maybe you won’t and that’s okay. For these moments are mine. I simply hope you are striving to discover the ways God reaches out to you throughout your everyday.
Because He is.
Oh how He loves you…
Here are some of the ways He touched me this week:
- Needing to contemplate if rainboots are more appropriate over snowboots. In January. My mind has officially been boggled.
- My hubby able to fix our kitchen faucet without having to replace it.
- Son picking out his outfit today with the desire of looking just like his daddy. Boy did he succeed.
- THIS Song. I’m still not over it. Thank you, Dolly, for sharing it with me.
- Superhero husband returning from work with dinner. And chocolate.
- Being able to worship God by Name (Genesis 4:26).
- Meeting my health/weight loss goals for January.
- Sunday’s sermon still resonating with me.
- That God Sees Me. Which started with this blog post from Barbie and then my reading in Genesis and then another lovely post from my friend Dolly — all of which made my gifts journal. (And I’m going to have to talk about this more. Soon.)
How about you? What moments found you singing praise this week? I’d love to hear.
Thanks for sharing your time with me.