This is me being real. Here are 10 things I just don’t do but wish I did. . .
- I don’t call people on the phone just to talk. I blame working retail for this. In my old life, I found myself on the phone a lot. I don’t miss that. But I do miss a number of dear friends and wish I would pick up the phone once in awhile!
- I don’t text. I blame my cell phone provider as they do not offer this for free. Refer to #1 and I’m sure you could understand how I could rack up quite the texting bill.
- I don’t scrapbook. I blame the mess. the clutter. I love the look of a completely finished scrapbook and know my kids deserve them more than the photo books I do manage to do. I just can’t bring myself to overcome the clutter of it all. the mess of hauling it out every time. oh, but I love looking at your finished books!
- I don’t sew. I blame myself. I so want to be able to say I do. My mom is a talented quilter/sewer/crocheter extraordinaire. I have no excuse. She has even given me her old sewing machine! The whole thing overwhelms me for some reason. Maybe 2012 will be the year I take this off my list…
- I don’t dance. I blame my parents for this. They never let me go to High School dances. Of course it’s not my parents’ fault for my lack of skills, but it’s more fun than admitting I’m not good as I would love to be. Love you mom and dad!
- I don’t garden. I blame the dirt. I also blame humidity for this. I am not a fan of either and where I live, both are required to endure if you’re going to succeed at gardening. I have had a container garden before and didn’t do too bad. So maybe there is hope for me yet!
- I don’t eat seafood. I blame the aftertaste. I blame the texture. Take your pick. I have an issue with aftertastes and some textures. I tolerate coconut shrimp for my family as it’s a favorite for my boys, but that is pushing it. Scallops? Crab? No can do. Wish it weren’t true. All the more for you!
- I don’t wear skinny jeans. I blame my ‘genes’ for this. Or maybe previous pregnancies. Sometimes I’ll blame my inconsistent exercise routine. Regardless, that is one trend I will not jump on board with. For your sake.
- I don’t bake bread. I blame myself on this one. I’m not a good baker and this task intimidates me. Help talk me out of this one. I so want to do this. Do I just get a bread machine and call it a day? This one has to come off my list. Soon.
- I don’t ride roller-coasters. I blame Space Mountain. It was my first experience on one as a young child. It terrified me. And I’ve never gotten over the feeling of your heart in your throat. Or is it your stomach. Regardless, it shouldn’t be there and I can’t seem to turn that into a good experience for me no matter how hard I try.
How about you? What don’t you do but wish you did? I’d love to hear.
Thanks for sharing your time with me.